Thursday, January 8, 2009

Below Freezing

Hello

Okay we here in Anchorage Alaska are heading into our third week of sub zero weather. I mean -20's. Anchorage has not seen more less felt this type of cold weather in a long time. My car didn't start twice I finally installed a block heater and had to replace the spark plugs not that my car lost any spark at all but I also got a new battery. It should be running like new actually driving like new now. I tell myself hey I chose to live in Alaska I want to move to a warmer climate Houston here I come you might have a problem in a year lol. We shall see.

I hope everyone else is staying warm. I do my best but sometimes my best is not good enough lol. In face a co-worker asked if I even owned a winter coat. I asked them why you don't think I am warm with my sweatshirt, fleece jacket, scarf, wool hat and gloves plus sweats over my scrubs? I didn't think they did. But to my amazement I am pretty warm with just that. I do own a winters coat it is just frozen in the trunk of my car.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm sorry it's been so cold there. It's cold here too, it was 37 two days in a row, the day before that it was 79. that was nice. I've heard anchorage has been -20 and fairbanks i hear -50!!! let this cold front pass!!!

Ryan said...

Yesterday it was 100. Today it was like 95 or so. We got a spare bedroom anytime you want to come and thaw out.