Friday, December 4, 2015

Second Chances

Hello, I watched this Mormon Message, Look to the Light , it touched my heart so much that I had to share it with you.  I relate to this on such a personal level, I remember being right out of High School, feeling the freedom of being an adult.  Not being restricted by all the rules of childhood.  Though I have always attended church, I still continued to make choices that were contrary to what I was taught.  Like the Model in the video, I didn't know who I was, I didn't know  I was a Daughter of God, who know's me and loves me.  Oh, how that would have made a difference back then.  I remember one night feeling so alone, and nothing left, so I did what the business man did, I prayed.  I hadn't gone 10 years without praying, but my prayers back then, were pretty scarce and mote.  But I remember being specific in this prayer, asking that He would make something happen in my life, or one of my family members life, to help me get back on track.  Preferably my life, I wouldn't want my family to suffer because of me.  And a week later, I got in a car accident, where I broke my neck. Now, does Heavenly Father always answer prayers that quickly and that precise?  Not always, but He knew that is what I needed, at that time to get me back on track.  And that is what happened.  I realized at that time, that I had to look to the light, to get rid of the darkness, that was engrossing my life.  I had to embrace the light, and fill my life with light, to be able to walk back into His presence.

How grateful we should be, for the second chances we get, from our Savior's love and mercy He shows us daily.  His love is what changes us from within.  Whatever we seek for, to fill our lives from without, will never fill our lives, if we don't seek Him first within.  We will always be filled when we look to the light, He will never leave us in the dark.  We have that chance to change, because of the Atonement, how blessed the world would be if we all understood, and applied it daily, and by doing so we would be filled with His love.  Which would change our behavior, and we would be more like Him.  And who wouldn't want that?

No comments: